Planning Standing Committee
List committee reports
Brad Clark, Chad Collins, Jason Farr, Lloyd Ferguson, Brenda Johnson, Judi Partridge, Robert Pasuta, Maria Pearson and Terry Whitehead plus the Mayor as ex-officio.
First and third Tuesdays of each month at 9:30 am
To report and make recommendations to Council on matters relating to:
- Business Development, the Small Business Enterprise Centre, the Hamilton Incubator of Technology and Tourism Hamilton
- Long Range Planning, land use management, development planning and engineering, real estate, and downtown renewal, Real Estate
- Parking Operations and Enforcement, School Crossing Guards
- By-law Enforcement, Municipal Licensing, Lottery Licensing, Building Code issues.
Specific duties shall include:
- To consider and recommend to Council on the administration and enforcement of the Ontario Building Code, Zoning By-laws, the Property Standards By-laws, Licensing By-law, Animal Control By-law, Sign By-law and other relevant by-laws.
- To consider and recommend to Council on all matters related to the Planning Act, the Ontario Heritage Act, the Municipal Act, the Niagara Escarpment Act and other applicable legislation regarding planning, economic developmentand downtown issues.
- To consider and recommend to Council on the City’s Official Plan and Zoning By-laws and amendments thereto, pursuant to the Planning Act, and to conduct such related public meetings as many be required
- To consider and recommend to Council on applications for subdivision and condominium approval pursuant to the Planning and Act and Condominium Act, as applicable
- To consider and recommend to Council on matters such as community planning, urban design guidelines, heritage policy and related housing policy and programs in accordance with the directions contained in the Official Plan
- To advise and assist Council in any matters arising from the work of the Committee of Adjustment in considering applications for consent and minor variance under the Planning Act, including possible City participation at any Ontario Municipal Board Hearings to consider the appeal of Committee of Adjustment decisions
- To consider and recommend to Council on policy issues relating to economic development
- To consider and recommend to Council on all matters that rise in the administration, sale and acquisition of real property, and leases
- To consider and recommend to Council on all matters relating to Parking Operations and Enforcement.
- To receive delegations for the public and conduct public hearings as required by statute and Council.